Pages

Thursday 4 December 2014

Up North

This is when we went up north I learned many things up there this is what I did up North.

In the Morning we packed our bags and got ready. We made it to my Nana's house that's when everyone's coming so we had to wait for them. We all arrived so we had to fit in each cars me my Brother went in my Granddad's car my Sister and my Mum went with Nana. And my Uncle and Aunty went in there cars. Are we all ready just to check. We went off driving up north for hours and hours and hours it was long we finally made it to a marae. We were welcome in to see our great aunty she had passed away. We came in and took our shoes off we hugged each others everyone was crying and was sad my Mum did a will which means something for my great Aunty that she really wanted. We sat down and there were people talking in Maori and English. It was night time we ate after the people finished there speech.



We got our stuff out of the car and put it in the marae there were some pillows and mattresses we put a sheet and pillow on I fell asleep fast I was exhausted. In the morning we had break fast we got ready we started making our beds and cleaning our bags we went to get some gas because our car was nearly empty afterwards we went to the fish and chips shop we ate at the falls I forgot what it is called but it was cool it was fun but we weren't aloud to swim said my Mum . We finished eating and we got some bread and fed some to the ducks I nearly fell off in the water. It was deep" we came back and played outside it was nearly lunch time I was full I fell asleep I was tired it was night time nearly dinner I woke up and looked everyone was sleeping everyone else woke up and we ate some dinner we got to wake up early in the morning said my Mum.


It was the funeral Today we had a shower and got dressed in nice clothes we said our last goodbyes to my great Aunty we had our speech and covered her coffin with dirt we came back to the marae and stayed for a while.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.